The Glenelg Pier is located on the stunning beaches of Glenelg with uninterrupted views of the beachfront. Located on the ground floor, the Pier can cater up to 160 guests seated and 315 guests cocktail setting. This beachside events space offers an overall ambience that is stylish and sophisticated. Working closely with their accommodation neighbour The Oaks Plaza, hotel rooms are available for all guests involved in the event to really enjoy the overall experience.
Wedding SA’s 10 Step Guide to Finding the Perfect Adelaide Wedding Reception Venue
Adelaide and regional South Australia has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Adelaide wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
St Francis Winery Resort cater for weddings in their historic 1852 winery building, offering 4 reception rooms to choose from. They also have 41 accommodation suites situated on two levels and heated indoor swimming pool for you and your guests to enjoy.
The Summit Cafe & Function Centre sits at the highest point overlooking Adelaide to the sea – it’s a breathtaking setting for a wedding! At 710 metres above sea level and only 15 mins from the city centre of Adelaide, the restaurant offers spectacular and panoramic views over Adelaide to the sea. The restaurant caters for up to 100 guests seated, or up to 250 for cocktail functions. Their chefs serve modern Australian food with an emphasis on quality local regional produce. It is a truly magical Adelaide Hills wedding venue.
Partridge House is a gorgeous venue for your wedding ceremony and reception. This beautiful vintage house is suitable for an outside garden ceremony followed by an elegant reception inside the house or in the beautiful gardens. Wedding ceremonies inside the house can also be arranged.