Discover the serene Templewood House where you can enjoy exclusive use of the lawns and gardens with an incredible backdrop of native gums and rolling hills. There is also a classic English gazebo enclosed in a lush green garden perfect for ceremonies or signing documentation. Templewood House is the type of property that is suited to most styles of weddings, whether that be modern, rustic, boho or vintage luxury.
The two story, heritage listed mansion at Woodhouse is yours for 48 hours and is destined to provide the perfect backdrop or venue for a very special and unique ceremony. Venture into the 54 hectare property, over the bridge and through gum-tree studded countryside to find your own private wedding retreat. Just imagine waking up with your nearest and dearest to share stories of your special day.
Boasting two diametrically opposed levels, the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre offers diversity when it comes to your venues theme, style and creativity. The Upper Level compliments a more traditional open plan design whilst on the Lower Level’s bespoke design introduces a more rustic vibe and casual feel. Both levels feature full-length concertina doors that entice you out onto two spacious 150m2 decks which openly showcase the Adelaide Hills in all of its natural glory. To top it off, adjacent to the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre and nestled within the scenic 13-hectare Hahndorf Resort property, the stunning Resort Gardens are the perfect outdoor venue to enjoy your wedding or other special event.
10 Tips to Help you Find and Choose Your Adelaide Wedding Venue
Adelaide and regional South Australia has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Adelaide wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
Adelaide’s Most Amazing Wedding Venues
The Summit Cafe & Function Centre sits at the highest point overlooking Adelaide to the sea – it’s a breathtaking setting for a wedding! At 710 metres above sea level and only 15 mins from the city centre of Adelaide, the restaurant offers spectacular and panoramic views over Adelaide to the sea. The restaurant caters for up to 100 guests seated, or up to 250 for cocktail functions. Their chefs serve modern Australian food with an emphasis on quality local regional produce. It is a truly magical Adelaide Hills wedding venue.