With sweeping golf course views, no place delivers quite like Thaxted Park Golf Club. The manicured golf course is available for ceremonies and makes an ideal backdrop for photos. The dining room can cater for up to 140 guests for a sit down wedding or up to 180 guests for a cocktail celebration. Whatever you desire, wedding celebrations of any style are effortlessly accommodated.
Set amongst the magnificent heritage listed oak trees, the Wallis Auchendarroch House and Tavern offers an ideal Adelaide Hills wedding venue. Their gardens provide a beautiful setting for your wedding ceremony. They can cater for both small intimate weddings and larger receptions in a choice of rooms.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Venue for your Adelaide Wedding
Adelaide and regional South Australia has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Adelaide wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia is an award winning venue. With indoor and outdoor function areas complete with panoramic marina views to guarantee a truly memorable experience. They understand that every function is a truly unique event and are more than happy to tailor a package specifically for you.
Brighton and Seacliff Yacht Club is Adelaide’s best location for a private and secluded beside-the-beach wedding reception. The Upper Deck function area, with balcony and deck, overlooks the quiet sands of Seacliff Beach with the Gulf of St Vincent beyond. Choose from menu options catering for all tastes and their friendly and flexible staff will ensure this most important day is perfect.
The venue is located in the Adelaide Hills, just 30 minutes south-east of the CBD. Set in the beautiful valley township of Clarendon, Silvestri’s is a blend of contemporary design and heritage features. The beautiful gardens are available for your wedding ceremony. Choose from two individual function rooms to celebrate your wedding. The garden and restaurant are available to hire separately or together for your special day.
St Francis Winery is located in the historic town of Old Reynella, just 30 minutes from the CBD and 20 minutes from the famous wine region of McLaren Vale. The resort is situated on 5 acres of picturesque gardens, ideal for garden ceremonies which create endless photo opportunities for photographers. Every wedding is specially catered for in the historic 1852 winery building, offering 4 reception room to choose from.
Dimples Restaurant and Functions Centre at the Tea Tree Gully Golf Club is the ideal venue for your special day. They offer wedding ceremonies on the golf course with spectacular views that create a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Wedding reception packages can be tailored to your needs and include: cocktail packages, sit down menu packages, honeymoon night accommodation, limousine transfer to your hotel, wedding cake, chair covers and sashes, centrepieces, cake table, present table, wishing well, and much more!
At Glen Ewin Estate your wedding will be hosted in a breathtaking garden setting, overlooking lakes and surrounded by mature trees and weeping willows. Only 4 minutes beyond the Adelaide suburbs, you will be surprised and delighted to discover such a beautiful wedding venue so close to the city. Glen Ewin Estate love to challenge the ordinary and create memories that last a lifetime.
Thinking of a Church wedding? You don’t need to be a regular church goer to get married in a church. Church weddings are popular for those who would like to include a spiritual aspect in their wedding ceremony. There are other benefits too! Like seating for your guests, shelter from poor weather, and parking! We’ve compiled a huge list of churches. Sit back, relax and browse churches in Adelaide and throughout South Australia.