Auchendarroch House provides 6 function rooms suitable for groups of 10 to 140 seated and up to 250 standing. The Barr Smith Billiard Room is lovingly decorated with Swarovski Crystal curtains and ceiling lights with hand-made forged iron “vines” creating a Wisteria-like feature around the bar. This stunning multi-function room has the capacity to accommodate 140 people seated. Also available is the Oakfield Room with seating for 20, through to the majestic Ballroom with its rich decor, featuring original William Morris wallpaper and leadlight windows which can accommodate 100 guests standing. Set amongst the magnificent heritage listed oak trees, the Wallis Auchendarroch House and Tavern offers an ideal Adelaide Hills wedding venue.
If you require transport for your pre-wedding events or, on your special day for your wedding party or wedding guests, then look no further than Hahndorf Tour Bus. They have 13 seater and larger 21 seater buses to ensure your wedding day transport needs are met.
The Adelaide Hills has some amazing wedding venues. From wonderful winery settings, to beautiful garden locations, all in one venues with accommodation, the Adelaide Hills even has a castle where you can celebrate your wedding! Here’s our list of the best wedding venues in the Adelaide Hills.
Glen Ewin Estate is the perfect Adelaide Hills wedding venue for those looking for an instagrammable garden setting.
At Glen Ewin Estate your wedding will be hosted in a breathtaking garden setting, overlooking lakes and surrounded by mature trees and weeping willows. Only 4 minutes beyond the Adelaide suburbs, you will be surprised and delighted to discover such a beautiful estate so close to the city.
The Lane Vineyard offers you a relaxed, sophisticated and intimate Adelaide Hills winery wedding venue.
After exchanging vows at one of the stunning locations on the estate, your guests can enjoy pre-dinner drinks and canapes on the lawn, followed by your reception in their contemporary dining room.
Enjoy breathtaking views and amazing food at the award winning Windy Point Restaurant and Cafe.
Just 15 minutes from the heart of the city this Adelaide Hills wedding venue has an understated elegance. The menu is satisfying and robust and bursts with flavour for a memorable dining experience. In 2015 the Cafe was awarded Best Restaurant Caterer in Australia for a wedding.
The Manor Basket Range is a historic stone walled castle nestled in the Adelaide Hills!
Enjoy rambling gardens and water features and an onsite petite chapel, this is a truly unique Adelaide Hills wedding venue. Enjoy the ease of holding your ceremony and reception in the one location along onsite accommodation to make an even more relaxing and indulgent weekend escape.
It will quite simply take your breath away… there is no wedding venue like Ukaria in the Adelaide Hills.
Your ceremony can take place in a paved amphitheatre set amongst the beautiful landscaped gardens, then take one of two choices for your reception – the relaxed, fully-enclosed alfresco area or the main hall. The main hall has a spectacular panoramic view of the gardens and rural outlook and a cathedral style roof that gives a feeling of immense space, while also being intimate.
Adelaide Hills Convention Centre | Hahndorf has the perfect blend of rustic charm and modern sophistication.
Sitting atop 32 acres of manicured grounds, showcasing uninterrupted views of the Mount Lofty Ranges, the state-of-the-art Adelaide Hills Convention Centre has the class and capacity to host your entire wedding in one convenient location.
Celebrate the Adelaide Hills region and season with superb menus offering a variety of dining experiences from Maximilian Pavilion.
Only 10 minutes from the Toll Gate but seemingly a world away, be enchanted by the elegant warmth and contemporary ambience. Delight in the sweeping country views over the lawn and lake from the brand new Maximilian Pavilion, an extension of the original homestead surrounded by vineyards.
For discerning couples, Silvestri’s of Clarendon is a high quality venue for a special Adelaide Hills wedding experience.
Set in the beautiful valley township of Clarendon, Silvestri’s is a blend of contemporary design and heritage features. This wedding venue is located in the Adelaide Hills, just 30 minutes south-east of the CBD. The property’s entrance is framed with stately wrought iron gates lending the restaurant building and its manicured gardens the presence of an exclusive private estate.
Why have a wedding day when you can have a wedding weekend at Woodhouse in the beautiful Adelaide Hills?
Venture into the 54 hectare property, over the bridge and through gum-tree studded countryside to find your own private wedding retreat at Old Woodhouse Manor – the Crown Jewel of Piccadilly. This two story, heritage listed mansion is yours for 48 hours and is destined to provide the perfect backdrop or venue for a very special and unique Adelaide Hills wedding celebration.
Less than 30 minutes from the CBD, Blackwood Golf Club is widely acknowledged as the most picturesque course in the Adelaide Hills.
The fairways, flanked by beautifully mature native and non-native trees are a stunning backdrop for both the ceremony and a reception. It is the perfect location for a romantic Adelaide Hills wedding with fabulous photo opportunities and reception facilities that will provide lasting memories of your special occasion.
Stangate House is a National Trust property in the Adelaide Hills, nestled in the village of Aldgate.
The 1.6 hectare property features enticing and romantic gardens which literally takes your breath away. You have the unique opportunity to have exclusive use of the entire garden.
Set amongst the magnificent heritage listed oak trees, the Wallis Auchendarroch House and Tavern offers an ideal venue for an Adelaide Hills wedding celebration.
Their award winning gardens provide a beautiful setting for your wedding ceremony whilst Auchendarroch House creates a magnificent background. They can cater from a small intimate weddings and receptions in one of the smaller rooms to a larger gathering in the stunning Robert Charles Room.
Enjoy magical weddings at the highest point overlooking Adelaide to the sea – The Summit Cafe & Function Centre a breathtaking Adelaide Hills wedding venue!
The modern building has floor to ceiling walls of glass to allow guests to enjoy the full impact of the city and coastal views by day, the sensational sunsets and the city lights and stars at night. Chefs serve modern Australian food with an emphasis on quality local regional produce.
Just 45 minutes from the heart of Adelaide, Longview offers you the most picturesque location for your Adelaide Hills wedding celebration.
Surrounded by beautiful vineyards, waterways and historic buildings, you will enjoy the serenity and privacy of this Adelaide Hills wedding venue. The Heritage Barn is the ideal setting for a wedding reception. Offering plenty of room for dining and dancing, the Heritage Barn can comfortably cater up to 180 guests cocktail or 150 seated.
How to choose your perfect Adelaide wedding cars
Usually the best place to start is refining your requirements.
- How many people are you needing transport for?
- How many pickup locations?
- Will you require cars whilst undertaking photos after your ceremony?
- Will you require transfer to a reception venue?
- Will you require transfer to accommodation after your reception?
- Will you require transport for parents, children, or other special guests (eg grandparents)?
- Does your wedding have a theme that you would like your choice of wedding transport to accommodate?
- What will you be wearing? Brides with large trains, or hooped skirts may need wide access doors and a large seating area – small cabins might not be suitable.
Create an transport plan. Number of people, number of hours, start and end suburbs, type of cars most suitable – stretch limousine, classic cars, modern machines. Once you have this sorted, select a shortlist of wedding transport companies and send them an enquiry! Compare packages and inclusions and meet with your shortlisted wedding car suppliers. This will help you double check that they’re going to be able to deliver what you require.
Adelaide and South Australia has many different types of wedding cars. No matter what type of car or how large your wedding party, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Sit back, relax, and browse these popular Adelaide wedding car suppliers.
How to choose your perfect Adelaide wedding photographer
- Browse wedding photographer’s portfolios. Look at their different styles.
- How many photos are you looking for? A couple dozen amazing shots to build an album, have printed and displayed? or hundreds or thousands? Some photographers take less photos, but they might be more to your liking. Other photographers may take many images and many may be quite similar.
- Create an action plan. Will you require photos of you getting ready? travel to and arrival at ceremony venue? Ceremony (obviously)! Then groups – how many? Photo-shoot of newlyweds on location? Reception coverage? How many hours do you think this might be?
- Once you have selected a shortlist of photographers send them an enquiry!
- Meet with your shortlisted photographers and ask them to show you completed albums, or a large range of photos from a single wedding. This will help you double check that they’re going to be able to deliver they style and quantity of photos that you’re after.
- Make sure your personalities match! Will you be comfortable with them on your wedding day?
- Compare packages and inclusions.
- Get post production details. Will you expect every image to be art-worked? or just a few hero images?
- Once you’ve settled on a photographer, check their contract and look for additional costs like overtime, printing, supply of digital images, and cost for special effects.
Adelaide has some super talented wedding photographers. No matter what type of style or wedding coverage you’re after, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Sit back, relax, and browse these popular Adelaide wedding photographers.
Set amongst the magnificent heritage listed oak trees, the Wallis Auchendarroch House and Tavern offers an ideal Adelaide Hills wedding venue. Their gardens provide a beautiful setting for your wedding ceremony. They can cater for both small intimate weddings and larger receptions in a choice of rooms.
How to Pick the Perfect Wedding Venue for your Adelaide Wedding
Adelaide and regional South Australia has some amazing wedding venues. No matter your wedding budget or style, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements. Go through this handy checklist then sit back, relax, and browse through our list of popular Adelaide wedding venues.
- Would you like your ceremony and reception at the same location? Or different?
- How many guests would you like at your ceremony and reception? Will you have a ceremony only guest list?
- Will your wedding have a theme? A theme could be rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, winery, destination venue, beach, etc.
- What is your budget? Will you receive any assistance from parents or relatives? Would you ask your guests to contribute cash in lieu of a gift?
- Narrow down some dates. Check with your VIP guests to see what dates they definitely wouldn’t be available for.
- Do you have any special requirements? Accessibility for guests – eg steps might be difficult for elderly. Is there enough car parks or access to transport options?
- Do you need a backup plan in case of inclement weather? Can you move your ceremony / pre-dinner drinks somewhere if the weather is not ideal?
- Reach out to a few wedding venues and check to see how well they fit your anticipated numbers, theme, and estimated budget.
- Visit your favourite venues. See if you can visit the morning of a wedding, that way you can see the venue looking absolutely amazing. Enquire about a menu tasting if you would like one.
- Review their contract. Review and make certain what is included in the package you have selected. Some venues will include entertainment, decorations and more. Other’s will let you bring in external suppliers for this, cost this out too and double check your budget.
Happy wedding planning and best wishes for a wonderful day. xx
The venue is located in the Adelaide Hills, just 30 minutes south-east of the CBD. Set in the beautiful valley township of Clarendon, Silvestri’s is a blend of contemporary design and heritage features. The beautiful gardens are available for your wedding ceremony. Choose from two individual function rooms to celebrate your wedding. The garden and restaurant are available to hire separately or together for your special day.
Thinking of a Church wedding? You don’t need to be a regular church goer to get married in a church. Church weddings are popular for those who would like to include a spiritual aspect in their wedding ceremony. There are other benefits too! Like seating for your guests, shelter from poor weather, and parking! We’ve compiled a huge list of churches. Sit back, relax and browse churches in Adelaide and throughout South Australia.
Sitting atop 32 acres of manicured grounds, showcasing uninterrupted views of the Mount Lofty Ranges, the state-of-the-art Adelaide Hills Convention Centre has the class and capacity to host your entire wedding in one convenient location. Boasting two diametrically opposed levels, the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre offers diversity when it comes to your venues theme, style and creativity.