Thank you for considering the Windy Point Restaurants as the setting for your wedding reception, and providing us with this opportunity to introduce the facilities of our unique venue to you.
The Windy Point Restaurant and Bird Box Pizzeria & Tapas are situated just 15 minutes from the heart of the city. Visitors enjoy breathtaking views from the Gulf of St Vincent to the Adelaide Hills through full-length 180 degree windows in both areas. Our philosophy is not to offer the view alone but to complement it with exemplary food and service.
The Restaurant has an understated elegance. Executive chef Justin Miles utilises fresh seasonal local produce to create an exciting and ever changing menu. Add the sparkle of the stars in the night sky seen through the amazing retractable glass ceiling, and your event becomes unforgettable.
Bird Box welcomes guests with a more relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The menu is satisfying and robust and bursts with flavour for a memorable dining experience. The Pavilion, our undercover outdoor area stands alone for smaller weddings or is an additional space with your booking in the Restaurant or Bird Box for ceremonies or pre-dinner drinks.
Extensive wine lists feature predominantly South Australian wines, carefully selected to enhance and complete the occasion. The grandeur of the views, world class cuisine and close proximity to the city make this the perfect venue for your special day.
Please take a look at some of the options available. We are more than happy to customise the food and beverage arrangements to suit your wedding. We know that every wedding is different and look forward to talking to you about making yours the best it can be. Come and see us and take a look around this unique and wonderful venue.
How you can expect that Windy Point will make your day even better?
- Friendly and professional staff to help you plan all the little details that make your day special, and ensure that you have a wonderful time and many treasured memories to look back on.
- The expertise and dedication of the owners, management and staff has been recognized by the Restaurant & Catering Association, American Express and the South Australian Tourism Commission. The Windy Point Restaurants have been consistently awarded for providing quality food, ambience and service.
- Complimentary menu tasting for two prior to the reception will give you complete confidence in your selections.
- We look after the special dietary needs of all of your guests.
- Ample free parking for all guests.
- Personalised Menus.
- We will setup the various areas of the venue to suit your style and needs.
Australia’s BEST Tourism Restaurant 2016
Australia’s BEST Restaurant Caterer 2015
Australia’s BEST Tourism Restaurant 2013
SA Best Contemporary Informal Café 2018
SA Best Tourism Restaurant 2013, 2014 and 2016
SA Best Restaurant Caterer 2015, 2017, 2018
SA Best Employee 2015
SA Best Restaurant of the Year 2013
SA Best Contemporary Australian Restaurant 2013
SA Employer of the Year 2013
Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering HOSTPLUS Awards for Excellence
Finalist Best Tourism Restaurant 2016
Gold Medal Best Tourism Restaurant 2015
Winner Best Tourism Restaurant 2013 and 2014
SA Tourism Industry Council – South Australian Tourism Awards
Apprentice Student of the Year 2016
Regency TAFE SA
State School Based Apprentice of the Year 2014, 2016
National School Based Apprentice of the Year 2014, 2016
South Australian & Australian Training Awards
Hours of Operation
All hours by appointment.
The Restaurant is open Thursday to Saturday from 6pm to close.
Bird Box is open Friday to Sunday for lunch from midday and Friday and Saturday for dinner from 5.30pm.